Heartspace is a community-oriented studio that offers yoga and healing arts from a range of traditions. We have two studios near Washington Park in Albany and on Monument Square in downtown Troy. We seek to provide a safe, supportive and tranquil setting with excellent instruction to help improve overall health, reduce stress, and invite a peaceful and calm mind through the practice of yoga. We offer instruction for all levels from beginners to advanced with daily drop-in classes, workshops, special events, yoga teacher training, and several community classes per week, which are offered by donation.
Baby and Me Classes: Starts Tuesday August 12th, 11am-12pm in Albany. First class is FREE! Our prenatal classes have been a great hit and now we're starting to have a few graduates of the program. As such, we're bringing back Baby and Me Yoga with instructor Megan Affonso. For parents and babies six weeks old up to crawling age; also a great post-natal class for moms. Breathe, stretch, have fun, make friends, and connect with your baby. The first class on the 12th will be FREE! Click here to sign up for our first free class. After that, $12 drop in. Class size capped at 15. We plan to start a new class for "big" kids in the fall once these little ones start moving around.
Troy Summer Massage, Yoga and Music Special: Come to Troy this summer and enjoy our yoga, massage and music package. 1 hour massage; 4 drop-in yoga classes, and Water Music CD by Elizabeth Woodbury Kasius. Cost $100, over 30% savings. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Introductory Offer: Your first class at Heartspace Albany and at Troy are only $6 each. Come enjoy a class at either or both of our studios for $6 per class. Click here to view our schedules for both studios and click here to purchase your $6 class passes for Troy and Albany. This offer can only be used one time per client, per studio. Existing clients to Heartspace can also take advantage of this offer.
New Drop-In, Multi-Class and Monthly Pass Pricing Effective June 1:
- Drop-In Pricing: 75/90 Minute Class $16. Student and Senior (62+) $12
- Multi-Class Passes: 5 Classes $70 (Student and Senior $50); 10 Classes $125; 20 Classes $225. (Good for six months, transferable)
- Monthly Passes: 4 Classes $48; 6 Classes $60; (not transferable)
- Unlimited Passes: Single Month $140; Unlimited with Three Month Commitment $110. (not transferable)
- 1-Hour Classes Drop-in Price $12
New Classes and Schedule Updates
Prenatal Yoga classes are ongoing in Troy and Albany. Helping to foster the sacred connection between mother and baby, instructor Megan Affonso leads ongoing drop-in classes beginning Tuesday May 6 in Troy, 4:30 - 5:45 PM and Thursday May 8 in Albany, 5:30 - 6:45 PM. Use a class card of your choice or $15 for drop in. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Yoga Teacher Training at Heartspace
Lauren Toolin E-RYT has been training and mentoring teachers at Heartspace since 2007.
- 200-Hour YTT: Whether you are interested in instructing or informing the foundations of your own practice, this training will provide you the knowledge you need. Based upon the ancient and classical teachings of Yoga, yet made applicable to the modern day, this program will enrich your knowledge of Yoga philosophy, lifestyle, practices, and teaching methodologies. Cultivate your personal Yogic journey and your ability to guide others through your teaching.
- 300-Hour Advanced Training: For experienced practitioners and certified teachers, this multi-module life changer is an in-depth and personal journey into more intricate, esoteric, and therapeutic philsophies and applications. Next module: advanced teaching skills. July 19-20 and August 2-3.
- Specialized Trainings: Yoga for Young Ones Weekend Immersion and Training, July 26-27. A unique creative movement program for children. Albany studio.
Click here to learn more about these programs, read testimonials, dates and registration information.