Early Morning Yoga at Heartspace Unlimited for $60/month. Start your day off right and come join us at either Troy or Albany for our 6:45 - 7:45AM classes during the week. In Albany and Troy, we offer classes Monday, Tuesday (Pilates in Albany), and Thursday. Now, Wednesday morning meditation at 7AM. Click here to purchase your one month morning unlimited pass for $60. Good for 30 days from the first class taken. No multi-month commitment required.
Take Yoga with Your Teens and Tweens When you attend one of our 4:30PM weekday classes at either Albany or Troy, your teen or tween can attend class with you for only $8. Enjoy the practice and benefits of yoga with your kids. We have 4:30PM classes now five days a week at both of our studios.
Yoga as Medicine Workshops with Samara Anderson. Dates listed below. Upcoming March 18. Saturdays, Albany Studio. 2-4PM. This upcoming series will focus on the various mindful tools that can tap into the body’s own medicine cabinet to heal both the body and the mind through awareness. Each workshop is focused on mindful tools students can use to heal specific parts of their body through Pranayama, Breath Awareness, Deep Breathing, combined with Focused Attention on specific parts of the body during the Yoga practice. The Yoga practice will spend the first half of the workshop warming up the body through Vinyasa Yoga (moving with your breath) so that we can use the second half of the workshop to create space and healing in Yin, Therapeutic and Restorative Yoga poses, which are longer holds where both the muscle and the fascia are released and made more spacious.
Click here to learn more about Samara or to register. 2017 Winter - Spring - Summer classes are as follows:
- March 18, 2017, 2-4 pm, Yoga as Medicine – Back Body (bottoms of feet/calves/hamstrings/glutes/back)
- April 22, 2017, 2-4, Yoga as Medicine – Side Body (stabilizer muscles along the entire length of the sides of the body)
- May 20, 2017, 2-4, Yoga as Medicine – Hip Complex (inner hips/outer hips/adductors/abductors)
- June 24, 2017, 2-4, Yoga as Medicine – Shoulder Complex (strengthen, stabilize and create spaciousness in the front/back/sides of the complex shoulder joint)
Cost is $25 for an individual class to preregister and $30 the day of the event.
Meditation 101: Four-Week Series with Meghan Hogan. Mondays 5:45-6:45PM, Troy studio. April 3 - April 24. This four-week series will provide individualized instruction describing technique, practical guidance for home practice, wisdom derived from foundational yogic texts and modern research. The series will examine breath centered meditation, the role of yoga asana as preparation for meditation, the practice of mantra meditation, pratyahara and techniques for letting go of the external senses to draw inward, and techniques for supporting your own transformational power. Cost $69 for the series. Troy Studio B (Small studio).
Restore and Recharge your Batteries: Monthly Restorative Class in Albany. Sunday April 9, 2PM with Rosy Mulligan. Albany studio. Regular drop in rates apply but space is limited, so please register in advance.
Master Classes with Lauren Toolin.
- Lauren's Famous Long-Holds Practice. Saturday April 1, 9-11AM. Albany Studio. This April 1st, invite yourself into the challenge of steadiness in this unique and life affirming practice.
- Therapeutic Yoga to Alleviate Depression. Saturday April 22, 9-11AM. Albany studio. Asana, pranayama, mantra and reflection to foster deep connection and healing.
Cost $25 per class. Space is limited for these workshops so be sure to register in advance
Prenatal and Post-Natal Yoga with Rosy Mulligan
- Prenatal Partner Yoga and Massage Workshop. Instructor Rosy Mulligan. Sunday April 23, 11AM - 1PM Albany Studio. Yoga is an excellent way to prepare the mind, body and spirit for the many transitions of pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood. In this fun and hands-on workshop, partners will be building their tool kit for supporting their partner during the birthing journey. Partners will learn techniques for breath awareness, partner poses, acupressure and massage, which can help strengthen and relax the laboring woman's body during pregnancy and labor. $50 per couple.
- Prenatal Yoga Six-Week Instructor Rosy Mulligan. Six-week Series, Sundays 11AM - 12:15PM, April 30-June 4. Albany studio. This prenatal yoga series is designed to nurture the foundation of a life-long bond between mother and baby. Instruction will mindfully support the preparation of the mother’s body for birth, while providing essential skills for relaxation. The expectant mothers will learn breathing/relaxation techniques, exercises to support the back, postures to open the hips, methods to comfort the body during the journey of pregnancy and birth, while forging a community with other families. $75 for the series.
- Baby and Mom Post-Natal Yoga with Instructor Rosy Mulligan. Four week series. Sundays 12:30 - 1:30PM. March 19 - April 9. Albany Studio. For mothers and babies six weeks old up to six months approximately, about when your baby is ready to seriously crawl and move around. Breathe, stretch, make friends, have fun and connect with your baby. Also a great gentle post-natal class for mom. Recommended minimum 8 weeks out from birth for mothers healing from c-section. $50 to preregister and see listings for upcoming series with Rosy.
Yoga 12 Step Recovery Community Class, Friday April 14, 6:30PM, by donation. Albany Studio. Instructors Cat Lynch and Diane Simpson. This donation class integrates the wisdom of yoga and the practical tools of 12 step recovery programs. The practice includes a 45 minute 12-Step based meeting followed by a 45 minute recovery-themed gentle yoga class. People who are dealing with all types of addictive patterns are welcome, as well as those affected by the addictive patterns of others in their lives. You do not need to be a part of a 12 step program to participate.
Gong Bath in Troy. Saturday April 1, 4- 5:15pm Troy Studio. Restore and renew and you let the sounds and resonance of the gongs envelop you. Practice asana, meditate, lay down and rest, sleep, whatever makes sense during the time. No experience required. Led by Jim and Nick Pavoldi of the Gong Lab and Diane Simpson offering chakra bowl vibrations. Click here to sign up for this or upcoming dates in 2017; $20. Remaining dates for 2017: June 3, Aug 5, Oct 7, Dec 2.
Family Yoga. Saturday April 8, 3:30PM. Instructor Toni Smith. Troy Studio. Community Class, by donation. Kids, parents and guardians, laughter, breathing, stretching, tuning in and having fun. Sign up here for free. Every second Saturday of the month in Troy.
Yoga 12 Step Recovery Community Class, Friday April 14, 6:30PM, by donation. Albany Studio. Instructors Cat Lynch and Diane Simpson. This donation class integrates the wisdom of yoga and the practical tools of 12 step recovery programs. The practice includes a 45 minute 12-Step based meeting followed by a 45 minute recovery-themed gentle yoga class. People who are dealing with all types of addictive patterns are welcome, as well as those affected by the addictive patterns of others in their lives. You do not need to be a part of a 12 step program to participate. Click here to sign up for free.
Yoga for Brand New Beginners, Spring Six-Week Series in Troy. Saturdays 11:45AM - 1PM. April 15 - May 20. Instructor Nikki Rogers. Troy Studio. If you are new to yoga and are interested to gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals and foundations of yoga, please join us for this six-week series. We will introduce key concepts regarding the practice of yoga including postures (asana), breathing (pranayama), and meditation. This series will present you with background on yoga, principles of alignment for accessing and coming out of fundamental standing, seated, and balancing postures, improving spinal mobility, proper yogic breathing, and how yoga can help you to live a fuller and healthier life. No experience required; just an open mind. $75 for the series.